Frequently Asked Questions
Alright, how much is this gonna cost me?
- Full day coverage including an beautiful hand-made album starts at $2990. See what is included in my packages on the pricing page.
Do you have a second shooter that works with you?
- I am the only photographer that captures the wedding day and all the photos you see on my site. I do work with an assistant, to help with lighting and gear to make sure the shots we take are amazing and to help manage the day although they don’t have a camera. If you’d like to talk about the specifics of your day and see how it can work with a single photographer, drop me a line. If we decide that a second photographer is in fact needed for you event I can contract one for your day.
Can you describe your photography style?
- I would describe my style as Edgy Elegant. Combining elegant, natural feeling scenes, creative angles, and graphic simplicity, with bold, edgy lighting, I deliver images that will stand the test of time.
- I love to play with light in ways that compliment you and the scene I am photographing. I will direct you to do things in the most flattering light while capturing the natural magic of the day. I also love to create magic with you to get a few WOW shots that will be the defining vision of your day. Although these will be more directed in terms of lighting, pose and composition, I strive for natural looking as opposed to posey. You can think of me as a conductor for your day. You can play your unique notes and song, but I will keep you on beat.
- I love to use strong shadows and highlights to make dramatic bold imagery with both natural and artificial light. Look through my wedding photography portfolio to see if my unique style is right for you.
Do you do wedding albums?
- I’m glad you asked! I think albums are the absolute best way to preserve your wedding memories. Not only are they your first family heirloom, they are a great conversation pieces. I think so highly of them in fact, that I include a hand-made album in all my collections. These are beautiful and really have to be seen and felt to be appreciated. Set up a meeting to see for yourself why I’m raving about them!
Do you travel? Do you do destination weddings?
- I love to travel and I love to document the special day of fellow travellers. Couples with weddings outside of Toronto will be provided with transparent and simple travel charges before making a decision so there are no surprises. Also be sure to check out my location bucketlist to see if your location is eligible for a discount!
How many pictures will we get?
- This is a hard question to answer because it depends on hours of coverage, events throughout the day, travel times, number of guests and other factors. A rough minimum would be 500 images with most couples receiving in the 600-800 range. I always emphasize quality over quantity when it comes to your wedding images to ensure you have the most amazing photographs that tell your story instead of trying to fill a quota with mediocre shots.
I’m so excited to see the photos! How soon after the wedding will I be able to see them?
- I usually have a sneak peek up within a day or two of the wedding. After you return from your honeymoon (within four to six weeks of the wedding) we’ll set up a viewing party with you and your close family to have some champagne and celebrate seeing your images for the first time. You’ll leave with your digital files and be ready to share with family and friends.
Do you offer engagement sessions?
- Absolutely. Since all wedding collections come with an engagement session, most of my clients will receive one. It’s a great way for us to get to know each other, so when the big day rolls around we will be old friends and you won’t feel nervous having me around. Engagement sessions are scheduled Tuesday - Thursday evenings in the GTA to avoid interfering with weddings.
Do you do multi-day events?
- Yes I have worked many multi-day events. The best thing to do is set up a meeting and we can go over your unique needs and come up with a package that provides the best coverage for your events.
Do you do weddings of my religion/race/ethnicity?
- Sure do! I have done everything from a small Muslim ceremony in a living room to a huge Sikh wedding spanning several days. Good photography is still good photography regardless of ceremony. Through the course of our time together we can discuss all the particulars of the ceremony so I capture all the details that are important to you.
Can we get the RAW files?
- I provide you with jpgs that are individually, fully edited for colour, composition, contrast and toning in both print and web resolutions. The jpgs are like the cake and the RAW unedited files are like the ingredients needed to bake to cake. I wouldn’t expect you to bake your own wedding cake or edit your own files.
Can I give you a shot list?
- I always ask for a list for family photos to make sure we get a photo of everyone we need. For the day however it is better to just let me capture the day in the most compelling way as I see it unfold. By providing a long list of poses, grouping, and things to capture, I will spend more time ticking everything off the list, rather than working on finding the most beautiful and compelling way to showcase your unique day. If you like what you see on my website, know that I generally capture those images without any prompting.
How do we hire you to capture our big day?
- Easy! Just head over to the contact page and let me know your wedding date. We can then arrange a time for us to get to know each other and ensure I am the perfect fit for your big day.
Do you do family portraits, high school grad/senior year portraits or other types of photography?
- Although I specialize weddings, engagements and fine art landscape photography, I have experience with on location family portraits and more so feel free to contact me your special request!
- I have tried to give you the answers to the most common questions I receive from couples before booking. Of course I am sure you have more that you would like to discuss with me so head over to the contact page and let’s set up a personal time to chat about your day!